TO PAY MY BILL
Here are answers to frequently asked questions that may interest you.
What is the procedure for insurance claims ?
Please note that, for insurance claims, the CTAQ does not deal directly with insurance companies.
Here is the procedure to follow to make a claim with your insurance company:
- Make your payment to the CTAQ and we will give you a receipt, as well as the original AS-810 form, filled out by the paramedics when they transported you in the ambulance.
- Send these documents to your insurance company.
Note that incomplete documentation (i.e., missing documents) could delay the processing of your claim.
Once the original documents have been sent, requests for copies will be at your expense.
The fees for additional documents are as follows:
- copy of a receipt: $5
- copy of the AS810 form: $10
- copy of the AS803 form: $10
- photocopy: $1/page
N.B.: These prices are subject to change without notice.
Who pays for my ambulance trip ?
If you are between 0 and 64 years of age, you are responsible for the cost of the ambulance trip. However, there are certain situations where the beneficiary should not have to cover the cost of the ambulance service. Here are a few:
- if you are 65 years old or older
- if you are or were the victim of a traffic accident
- if you are or were the victim of an occupational accident
- if you receive income security benefits (social assistance)
- if you are a member of the Canadian Armed Forces, a veteran or a member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police
- if you are a registered indigenous person or Inuit
However, there are several specific programs that concern payment responsibility.
If you received a bill and you believe that one of these situations applies to you, don’t hesitate to call us at 418 624-2196, extension 236 or 228.
How much does an ambulance trip cost ?
The cost of an ambulance trip in Quebec is established by the Ministère de la Santé et des Services Sociaux (Government of Quebec).
- For Quebec and Canadian residents, the basic fee is $125 plus $1.75/km from point of pick-up to destination.
- For non-residents of Canada, the basic fee is $400 plus $1.75/km from point of pick-up to destination.
- For all ambulance trips, there is a $35/person charge for each additional person transported in the ambulance.
How do I pay my bill ?
The CTAQ offers a secure online credit card payment service (Visa, MasterCard, American Express). To use this option, please complete the form at the bottom of the page.
Other payment methods:
- at our offices located at 6000 Des Tournelles Street, Quebec City, from 7:30 a.m. to noon and from 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- by telephone (using a credit card)
- through a financial institution: the National Bank’s TelNat and Desjardins’s Accès-D, by automatic teller, by phone, at the counter of the local branch of your bank or online
- a personal cheque made out to the CTAQ – please write your invoice number on the cheque
Am I required to pay for my ambulance trip ?
Yes. All users who have been transported by ambulance are responsible for paying for the service. For Quebec residents, certain programs providing free transportation by ambulance may apply if the user receiving the ambulance service meets the eligibility criteria. Once your payment has been made, you can contact your personal or group insurance plan to see if they offer this coverage.
Need more information ?
Contact our administrative centre:
418 624-2196, ext. 236 or 228, or 1-888 624-2766 (toll-free)
We’re open from Monday to Friday, 7:30 a.m. to noon and 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Making your online payment
To make your payment, please have your invoice number handy. It is located in the upper right-hand section of the invoice and consists of one letter followed by 7 digits.
All fields must be completed.
Réserve faunique des laurentides
Coopérative des techniciens ambulanciers du Québec
The Coopérative des techniciens ambulanciers du Québec (CTAQ) offers the public highly professional paramedical services and provides quality jobs to its members. The leading provider of paramedical services in Quebec, the CTAQ has set the gold standard in this sector. The CTAQ stands out for its innovative culture of performance thanks to the engagement of its members. Its core values are professionalism, respect, integrity and cooperation.
Paying my bill
Head of office
6000, rue des Tournelles
Toll-Free : 1-888 624-2766